February 2017 saw the introduction of Mytime Active’s innovative Wiggle Week marketing campaign into 35 schools across the three London Boroughs of Kensington and Chelsea, City of Westminster, and Hammersmith and Fulham.
Mytime Active’s MEND in Schools team is always looking for fun, innovative ways to get children and their families more active and help them develop healthy habits together.
By combining catchy new lyrics with well-known nursery rhyme tunes, backed up by our Super Dude cartoon characters, the team created six ‘Wiggles’:
- Powerfood Wiggle: healthy foods
- Active Wiggle: encouraging the recommended 60 minutes of activity per day
- Water Wiggle: staying hydrated by drinking water (6-8 glasses per day, more when you exercise)
- Family Active Wiggle: being active with the whole family
- Healthy Teeth Wiggle: regular brushing of teeth
- Bedtime Wiggle: to encourage improved sleep hygiene
Children and their families were encouraged to complete all six Wiggles each day, with a star chart to record progress and a Wiggle Week certificate, balloon and jumper sticker at the end of the week to celebrate their achievement. Videos and song sheets also supported the campaign in the classroom, so the whole school community could get involved.
The first Mytime Active Wiggle Week took place from Monday 6 February to Friday 10 February 2017, with nearly 2,500 children and their families taking part. Our Wiggle videos on YouTube have been viewed a total of 5,673 times to date.