If you’ve never swum before and want to be water confident or if you want to swim the Channel, we have a development session for you.
Our adult swimming development sessions are structured into the 4 Swim England accredited levels below, to help you progress in the best way:
Be Water Confident
This lesson takes place in shallow water.
- Introduction to the pool
- Helping to build your confidence in the water
- Learning basic aquatic skills
- Take place in shallow water
- Build confidence
Be a Swimmer
This lesson mainly takes place in shallow water.
- Introduction to deeper water
- Get you swimming a short distance
- Develop your confidence both in and around the water
Be a Better Swimmer
This is a lengths based class.
- Improve your stamina and stroke technique
- Gain confidence swimming in deeper water
- Support you to swim distances of up to 50 metres
- Swim on your front and back with good technique
Be a Master Swimmer
This is a swimming training session.
- Additional training options including:
- Competition training
- Preparation for open water swimming
- Increase the distance you are able to swim
- Increase swimming speed
- Refine your stroke technique
- Help build your endurance
- Improve fitness
- Strengthening your joints with low impact activity
- Help you avoid and recover from injuries
- Awards for achieving distances up to 1,500m