Positions: Area Childcare Supervisor
Locations: Bromley Area
Job Type: Fixed Term - Starting August 2021, Ending 19th February 2022
Pay: £25,000 - £26,500
In this role you will develop skills and knowledge of your teams in providing a caring, safe and secure environment for children to learn and develop through a variety of play opportunities.
You will oversee the operational management of the Mytime Active childcare services, ensuring that services are delivered in line with company and Ofsted quality requirements, and to achieve business performance targets.
• Carry out all duties and responsibilities as laid out in the childcare leader job description for assigned and hereby referred to as ‘home’ setting
• Hold group bookings administration meetings to develop, review and update bookings process and procedures
• Continue the partnerships developed with schools and head teachers to ensure Service Level Agreements are maintained and developed.
• Responsible for authorisation and processing of casual timesheets, logging and submitted to payroll each month.
• Monitor performance against agreed KPIs including financial, participation and satisfaction targets. Ensuring data is correctly logged and targets achieved
• Chair half termly meetings with leaders ensuring agenda, minutes and actions are recorded
• Carry out regular audits of the assigned sites and collate data to inform site action plans ensuring site leaders adhere to the agreed action plans
• Carry out centralised administration, record keeping, financial records, ordering and purchasing and working within the agreed budget
• Be the Designated Safeguarding Officer and ensure suitable child protection training is sourced and delivered to staff. This includes ensuring there is always a suitably trained safeguarding officer on site at all times throughout service delivery
• Effectively communicating with key people involved in the delivery of the service and the children’s well being, this includes parents, teachers, head teacher, Ofsted, SENCO, LADO etc.
• Undertake appropriate training and adhere to company policy and procedures, assisting with the updating and developing of relevant policies and procedures.
What skills we are looking for
• Effectively communicate and inspire confidence and motivate participants of all ages and abilities;
• Demonstrate perseverance, patience and flexibility;
• React calmly, quickly and effectively in emergency situations;
• Demonstrate excellent planning and time management;
• Effectively communicate with parents, teachers and other agency professionals
• Lead, coach and develop a team
• Basic IT and Administration skills.
• Emergency First Aid procedures
• Issues relevant to education and child development
• Ofsted standards and legislation
• Designated Safeguarding Officer role
• Equal opportunities, health and safety and child protection
In return you get to work for a great company with like minded people with a competitive salary and benefits package including:
- 50% discount on any MTA breakfast and after school club service for your children
- Free Leisure & Golf membership for you and one other;
- Holiday purchase scheme;
(specific locations only – see website of list of MTA breakfast and after school club settings)
- 10% off food and beverage and free hot drinks;
- Stakeholder pension;
- Exceptional achievement award scheme;
- Employee discount & salary sacrifice schemes;
How To Apply
If you would like to be part of an award winning leisure trust and exciting childcare team then we would like to meet you. Please send your full CV and a covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
*All offers of employment are conditional upon you signing the contract of employment and:
- Satisfactory health clearance;
- Two satisfactory references;
- Proof of attainment of qualifications;
- Evidence of your right to work in the United Kingdom; and
- Satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Mytime Active applies its Equal Opportunities Policy at all stages of recruitment and selection. Shortlisting, interviewing and selection is carried out without regard to gender, sexual orientation, marital status, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief, age or trade union membership. Those with disabilities meeting the minimum requirements for the post will be shortlisted and reasonable adjustments will be made to ensure they are not disadvantaged during the interview process.