Position: Area Manager
Location: Bromley, Kent
Salary: £48,000 - £50,000
Job Type: Management
About Mytime Active
Mytime Active are in search for an inspirational and talented leader to take the reins of our flagship leisure site, The Spa at Beckenham. Reporting into the Head of Operations, we are looking for an operator with a proven track record of leading teams across multiple services through delivering an exceptional customer journey while maximising commercial opportunities. The role of Area Manager involves taking full ownership of The Spa, and is one of our most senior roles in the operational team. The site has one of the largest customer throughput levels in London and boasts facilities including 5 group exercise studios, 2 swimming pools, 2 gyms, soft play, sports hall and café facilities.
In this role you will have full autonomy of the leisure centre and will be expected to continuously improve the site in aspects of the business including customer experience, operational compliance, employee engagement and margin delivery. You will also support in the management of key stake holders.
A perfect day at Mytime Active for you would be to ensure your teams have the tools to provide their best, and that our services are delivered in a safe and efficient manner - with the wellbeing of our employees, customers, communities at is at the heart of every decision.
- Responsible for the line management of Heads of Department
- Ensure the delivery of all targets and KPI’s, whilst balancing both our social impact and commercial outcomes in-line with our strategy; social, financial, process, customer and people
- Continuously improve the operational delivery, quality of service and products to the consumer, including implementing and embedding new and existing processes and systems from finance, people, product, well-being or business development
- Ensure effective company-wide asset management, including all internal and external facing facilities
- Initiate and drive a healthy and ambitious capital investment programme, including build and refurbishment of facilities, which in turn delivers our corporate strategy
- Drive quality standards and assurance across all the operational businesses, including standards in customer service and health and safety.
- Support the development of team members and their successors to provide stronger operational foundations, which in turn will better prepare each department or area for future growth
- Manage, develop and co-ordinate staff resources effectively to meet all operational requirements and to create a dynamic, innovative and responsive team through open communication and leadership
- Prepare business, marketing and service plans, operational manuals, research projects, feasibility studies, policies and management information as required
About Mytime Active
At Mytime Active we want more people to Get More Out of Life, by getting more active and eating better. We want to do this not just for an individual, or for a family, but also for an entire community, ensuring our services are accessible to as wide a population as possible, so that it becomes the “norm” to live this way. We do all of this in a way that is financially sustainable, investing any surpluses we make back into the business.
If you want a job that is rewarding and helps to change people’s lives for the better, then you’ve come to the right place. You will be fairly rewarded for your efforts in an organisation that understands the value of its people.
Our benefits package includes:
- Stakeholder pension;
- 25 days holiday (excluding bank holidays)
- Free access to Mytime Active Golf & Leisure for you and one other;
- Exceptional Achievement award scheme
- 20% off food and beverage purchases
- £100 candidate referral scheme (new employee introduction scheme);
- Voucher recognition scheme;
- Various Salary sacrifice schemes on offer*
*All salary sacrifice schemes are subject to successfully passing probation period.
In return, you get to work for a great company with a competitive salary and an attractive and comprehensive training/development package that is aimed at facilitating personal and career growth that would include:
- A series of Core Management Development Modules
- Essential ongoing compliance training
- Professional qualifications
- Work shadowing opportunities
How to apply
Please apply with a CV and covering letter, stating why your skills and experience make you ideal for this position to Chris.Deadman@mytimeactive.co.uk
- All offers of employment are conditional upon you signing a contract of employment and;
- Satisfactory health clearance;
- Two satisfactory references;
- Proof of attainment of qualifications;
- Evidence of your right to work in the United Kingdom; and
- Satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
*Please note we will give preferential consideration to internal employees that are to be re-deployed providing they meet the criteria.
Mytime Active applies its Equal Opportunities Policy at all stages of recruitment and selection. Shortlisting, interviewing and selection is carried out without regard to gender, sexual orientation, marital status, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief, age or trade union membership. Those with disabilities meeting the minimum requirements for the post will be shortlisted and reasonable adjustments will be made to ensure they are not disadvantaged during the interview process.