Position: Assistant Greenkeeper
Reports to: Head Greenkeeper
Location: Barnehurst Golf Course - Bexleyheath
Salary: £16,280 - £17,000 per annum, dependent upon experience
Hours: Full-time, 40 hours per week
Job Type: Permanent Contract with requirement to work some early mornings, evenings and weekends
Start date: ASAP
You will assist in the preparation and presentation of the golf course as directed by the Head Greenkeeper and first assistant. This will include mowing, strimming, machinery maintenance and any other horticulture relating to golf course maintenance.
You should have experience in Horticulture and outdoor working and preferably be a golf player but any necessary training will be given.
The successful candidate will have:
- NVQ Level 2 in Green keeping or industry equivalent experience
- Minimum of 2 years experience of grounds maintenance / green keeping
Salary is dependent on qualifications, knowledge and experience.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including:
- Free access to Mytime Leisure & Golf faculties;
- 20% off food and beverage purchases and free hot drinks whilst on shift;
- Stakeholder pension;
- Exceptional achievement award scheme;
How to apply
Please apply with a CV and covering letter, stating why your skills and experience make you ideal for this position to: firstname.lastname@example.org
*All offers of employment are conditional upon you signing the contract of employment and the following being secured:
- Satisfactory health clearance;
- Two satisfactory references;
- Proof of attainment of qualifications;
- Evidence of your right to work in the United Kingdom; and
- If applicable, satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Mytime Active reserve the right to remove the advert for this role as required.
*Please note we will give preferential consideration to internal employees that are to be re-deployed providing they meet the criteria.
Diversity at Mytime Active
*Mytime Active applies its Equal Opportunities Policy at all stages of recruitment and selection. Shortlisting, interviewing and selection is carried out without regard to gender, sexual orientation, marital status, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief, age or trade union membership. Those with disabilities meeting the minimum requirements for the post will be shortlisted and reasonable adjustments will be made to ensure they are not disadvantaged during the interview process.