Childcare roles available at Mytime Active breakfast and after school clubs
Positions: Childcare Deputy Supervisor (Internal)
Job Type: Full time - Term time (38 weeks) (With the option to work in another department to top up your working hours)
The Play Activity Team is revamping their out of school provisions!
We need fun, enthusiastic, energetic people to join our breakfast and afterschool club teams. Whether your talent be physical activities, sports, arts and crafts we want you! If you wish to join a structured social enterprise that makes a difference to children’s lives then we have the opportunity for you.
In this role you will develop others skills and knowledge in providing a caring, safe and secure environment for children to learn and develop through a variety of play opportunities. You will learn how to assist in planning and providing an appropriate range of leisure activities for children between the ages of 4 and 11.
Even though the roles are part time if you’re looking to increase your hours we have a wide variety of roles and day camps at Mytime
- Support with club administration including registers, trackers, purchasing and other reasonable tasks as requested by the supervisor
- Be responsible for organising and delegating the planning, preparing and delivering of a variety of play opportunities with the childcare assistants, ensuring that the children are consulted with and involved in the planned activities
- Facilitating and organising the collection and delivery of children safely between school and the childcare setting
- To carry out half termly supervisions and 1-2-1s for the setting childcare assistants
- Carry out daily health and safety checks, ensuring good hygiene and health and safety standards are met
- To be a designated key worker to a number of children, this will involve talking to parents and teachers about key children’s needs and progress.
- Setting up play spaces, with appropriate play cues. This will include moving furniture and play equipment
- Providing refreshments including hot and cold snacks to children whilst promoting children’s positive behaviour and involvement
- Administering first aid when necessary
- To respond to safeguarding concerns and report any and all concerns to your line manager.
- Undertake appropriate training and adhere to company policy and procedures
What skills we are looking for
·A willingness to learn and develop others
·Demonstrate a passion for providing children with positive experiences
·Professional attitude and desire to deliver an excellent childcare service;
·Excellent communication skills, including the ability to appropriately promote the positive behaviour of children where necessary;
·Energetic and enthusiastic;
·A can-do attitude and a real focus on customer service;
·Flexibility is essential to meet the needs of the business, you will be required from 7am-9am and from 2:45pm – 6pm (term time only)
In return you get to work for a great company with like minded people with a competitive salary and benefits package including:
·50% discount on any MTA breakfast and after school club service for your children
·Free Leisure & Golf membership for you and one other;
·Holiday purchase scheme;
(specific locations only – see website of list of MTA breakfast and after school club settings)
·10% off food and beverage and free hot drinks;
·Exceptional achievement award scheme;
·Employee discount & salary sacrifice schemes;
If you would like to be part of an award winning leisure trust and exciting childcare team then we would like to meet you. Please send your CV Pamela Hughes - Pamela.Hughes@mytimeactive.co.uk Please include the area and position in the subject.
Diversity at Mytime Active
*Mytime Active applies its Equal Opportunities Policy at all stages of recruitment and selection. Shortlisting, interviewing and selection is carried out without regard to gender, sexual orientation, marital status, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief, age or trade union membership. Those with disabilities meeting the minimum requirements for the post will be shortlisted and reasonable adjustments will be made to ensure they are not disadvantaged during the interview process.