Reports to: Food and Beverage Manager
Salary: £18,000 to £20,000
Job Type: Full Time/ Permanent
About the role:
- To provide, manage and develop a high quality catering service.
- To operate a professional, safe and cost effective catering service within the Company’s operational standards, complying with all statutory requirements.
The successful candidate will be responsible for preparing, cooking and presenting all meals attractively; the majority of dishes will be made in-house.
In addition to producing a consistent standard of quality food in a busy kitchen environment you will be expected to keep stock secure at all times, storing foodstuffs appropriately and maintain accurate records.
Excellent communication and customer service skills are essential as is a working knowing of the health and safety/ food and hygiene guidelines.
- Food Safety Certificate Level 2 / 3 or equivalent
- Previous experience of running a busy kitchen environment, managing GP’s, overseeing a team of chefs
- Knowledge of current F&B best practice
- Commercial awareness
- Experience with stock control
- The Pavilion
- Walnuts Leisure
- West Wickham
Mytime Active is an award winning social enterprise, with aspirations to make sure everybody in the communities we service “Get more out of life”. We have an ambitious strategy underway to transform us from a local authority facilities management company to a leader in community wellbeing and require the best talent to achieve this. Mytime Active runs lifestyle preventative health services across the UK, whilst our leisure centres in the London Borough of Bromley offer swimming, gym facilities, ten pin bowling and much more. With 16 great courses located in London, the Midlands and the south coast, we are also the second largest pay and play golf operator in the UK.
In return, you get to work for a great company with like minded people with a competitive salary and benefits package including:
- Free access to Mytime Active Leisure and Golf for you and one other;
- Competitive annual leave package;
- Holiday purchase scheme;
- 20% off food and beverage at Mytime Active sites and free hot drinks (whilst on duty);
- Stakeholder pension;
- Exceptional achievement award scheme;
- Employee discount and salary sacrifice scheme; and Childcare vouchers.
We are a social enterprise on a mission to improve wellbeing. We make it simple for people to get more out of life by moving more, eating better, feeling positive and making new friends. We understand what it takes to make a positive impact on everyday wellbeing and we are here to make it simple, easy and more fun for everyone in our neighbourhoods to live longer, healthier and happier lives.
Across the generations, from children to grandparents and everyone in between, we help people get to where they want to be, whatever their starting point. With swimming, gyms, golf, bowling, social and health programmes, our range of wellbeing services ensures we have something for everyone.
How to apply:
Please apply with a CV and covering letter, stating why your skills and experience make you ideal for this position to: email@example.com
*All offers of employment are conditional upon you signing the contract of employment and the following being secured:
- Satisfactory health clearance;
- Two satisfactory references;
- Proof of attainment of qualifications;
- Evidence of your right to work in the United Kingdom; and
- If applicable, satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Mytime Active reserve the right to remove the advert for this role as required.
*Please note we will give preferential consideration to internal employees that are to be re-deployed providing they meet the criteria.
Diversity at Mytime Active
*Mytime Active applies its Equal Opportunities Policy at all stages of recruitment and selection. Shortlisting, interviewing and selection is carried out without regard to gender, sexual orientation, marital status, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief, age or trade union membership. Those with disabilities meeting the minimum requirements for the post will be shortlisted and reasonable adjustments will be made to ensure they are not disadvantaged during the interview process.