Position: Crèche Leader
Reports to: Buzz Zone Supervisor
Salary: £10.89 per hour
Job Type: Part Time 25 hours. This role could contribute to a full time position for a candidate who wishes to further their responsibilities in the company and undertake additional childcare leader’s roles in other settings such as After School Club or Holiday Camps.
About the role
We are looking for an outstanding crèche leader to provide a service that meets the needs of children in a crèche environment, delivering a high quality provision in line with Ofsted and best practice standards.
You will be responsible for a small team of childcare professionals based at the Walnuts Leisure Centre. You will ensure the smooth running of the highly popular and professional crèche. You will be an excellent communicator and be the face of the Walnuts Crèche. You will provide safe, creative and appropriate play and learning opportunities, preparing activities and assisting in the organisation of programming and planning following the company’s policies and procedures.
We are looking for candidates with a background in childcare who hold an NVQ or CACHE Level 3 or higher childcare qualification.
What skills we are looking for
- Ability to effectively communicate and inspire confidence and motivate participants of all ages and abilities;
- Ability to demonstrate perseverance, patience and flexibility;
- Ability to react calmly, quickly and effectively in emergency situations;
- Ability to demonstrate excellent planning and time management;
- Ability to effectively communicate with parents
- Ability to lead, coach and develop a team
- Basic IT and Administration skills.
In return, you get to work for a great company with like minded people with a competitive salary and benefits package including:
- Free access to Mytime Active Leisure and Golf for you and one other;
- Competitive annual leave package;
- Holiday purchase scheme;
- 20% off food and beverage at Mytime Active sites and free hot drinks (whilst on duty);
- Stakeholder pension;
- Exceptional achievement award scheme;
- Employee discount and salary sacrifice scheme
Mytime Active is an award winning social enterprise, with aspirations to make sure everybody in the communities we service “Get more out of life”. We have an ambitious strategy underway to transform us from a local authority facilities management company to a leader in community wellbeing and require the best talent to achieve this. Mytime Active runs lifestyle preventative health services across the UK, whilst our leisure centres in the London Borough of Bromley offer swimming, gym facilities, ten pin bowling and much more. With 16 great courses located in London, the Midlands and the south coast, we are also the second largest pay and play golf operator in the UK.
For more information on Mytime Active please click on: www.mytimeactive.co.uk
How to apply
Please apply with a CV and covering letter, stating why your skills and experience make you ideal for this position to email@example.com
*All offers of employment are conditional upon you signing the contract of employment and the following being secured:
- Satisfactory health clearance;
- Two satisfactory references;
- Proof of attainment of qualifications;
- Evidence of your right to work in the United Kingdom; and
- If applicable, satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Mytime Active reserve the right to remove the advert for this role as required.
*Please note we will give preferential consideration to internal employees that are to be re-deployed providing they meet the criteria.
Diversity at Mytime Active
*Mytime Active applies its Equal Opportunities Policy at all stages of recruitment and selection. Shortlisting, interviewing and selection is carried out without regard to gender, sexual orientation, marital status, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief, age or trade union membership. Those with disabilities meeting the minimum requirements for the post will be shortlisted and reasonable adjustments will be made to ensure they are not disadvantaged during the interview process.