Position: General Manager
Reports to: Assistant Regional Manager
Job Type: Full time (40 hours per week) Permanent, includes some evenings and Weekends
Start date: ASAP
Condition: Subject to Enhanced DBS Clearance
About the role
As the General Manager for our Cobtree Manor Park Golf Course you will have a fantastic opportunity to further your management career in a rewarding and challenging environment. We are looking for an experienced Manager to join our successful team, who can make a real difference to the lives of the community and their leisure experiences.
You will deliver, develop and drive Mytime Active’s business at Cobtree Manor Park Golf Course , in order to deliver a service which significantly contributes to the strategic aims and objectives by:
- Maximising and driving income, profitability, occupancy utilisation, employee engagement, customer satisfaction and service standards;
- Initiating new business development opportunities;
- Securing best value in delivery and continuous improvement in the provision of the service;
- Development of the Team to enable high performing staff who can achieve set targets;
- Implement and manage the highest standards of health and safety in all areas of responsibility
- You will be credible, self motivated and able to act on your own initiative, thinking creatively and adapting to new situations quickly.
- You will have outstanding interpersonal skills and have a passion for customer service. You will also be committed to high standards and quality ensuring that our customers, clients and our organisation are proud of our facilities.
- Applicants should be educated to NVQ4 or degree level.A proven track record in managing and developing sport and leisure facilities is desirable, but not essential. An additional business qualification would be advantageous.
We are a social enterprise on a mission to improve wellbeing. We make it simple for people to get more out of life by moving more, eating better, feeling positive and making new friends. We understand what it takes to make a positive impact on everyday wellbeing and we are here to make it simple, easy and more fun for everyone in our neighbourhoods to live longer, healthier and happier lives.
Across the generations, from children to grandparents and everyone in between, we help people get to where they want to be, whatever their starting point. With swimming, gyms, golf, bowling, social and health programmes, our range of wellbeing services ensures we have something for everyone.
In return, you get to work for a great company with like minded people with a competitive salary and benefits package including:
- Free access to Mytime Leisure & Golf for you and one other
- Competitive annual leave package;
- Holiday purchase scheme;
- 20% off food and beverage and free hot drinks (whilst on duty);
- Stakeholder pension;
- Exceptional achievement award scheme;
- Employee discount & salary sacrifice scheme
How to apply
Please apply with a CV and covering letter, stating why your skills and experience make you ideal for this position, to email@example.com
*All offers of employment are conditional upon you signing the contract of employment and the following being secured:
- Satisfactory health clearance;
- Two satisfactory references;
- Proof of attainment of qualifications;
- Evidence of your right to work in the United Kingdom; and
- If applicable, satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Mytime Active reserve the right to remove the advert for this role as required.
*Please note we will give preferential consideration to internal employees that are to be re-deployed providing they meet the criteria.
Diversity at Mytime Active
*Mytime Active applies its Equal Opportunities Policy at all stages of recruitment and selection. Shortlisting, interviewing and selection is carried out without regard to gender, sexual orientation, marital status, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief, age or trade union membership. Those with disabilities meeting the minimum requirements for the post will be shortlisted and reasonable adjustments will be made to ensure they are not disadvantaged during the interview process.