Position: Green Keeper
Reports to: Head Green Keeper
Job Type: permanent 40 Hours
About the role
We are currently accepting applications for the position of Assistant Greenkeeper at Orpington Golf Centre in London Kent boarder. The Assistant Greenkeeper is to undertake general course maintenance daily under the management of the Head Greenkeeper to ensure that the site is well kept throughout the golfing year.
Your main responsibilities will include:
Scope of the Role:
- To undertake general mowing duties on a daily basis including; greens, tees, fairways, rough, and semi rough areas to the required standards.
- To undertake bunker maintenance daily including; raking, edging, re-sanding and debris clearance to the required standards.
- To undertake strimming and flymo duties on a weekly basis as required and operate the relevant machinery in line health and safety regulations and operational standards.
- To undertake turf repairs and re-turfing duties as and when necessary.
- To undertake hand watering of turf in order to keep the course to the highest standard.
- Carry out other duties that may be necessary from time to time.
The job holder will also observe and adhere to the clubs policies and procedures, undergoing relevant training and development to fulfil the requirements of the club and the post.
This job description is designed to highlight the key areas of work. The duties & responsibilities listed above are not intended to be exhaustive, but are set out to indicate the main areas of activity currently expected in this position. You will be expected to adopt a flexible approach to the needs of the role. This job description is an outline of the role & function; it is not intended to be specific for all tasks.
The ideal candidate will preferably have some or all of the following;
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience
- NVQ level 2 or equivalent
- PA1 / PA2 & PA6 spraying certificates
- A reasonable understanding of the game of golf
- Be available for regular weekend work.
- Have a full driving licence
In return, you get to work for a great company with like minded people with a competitive salary and benefits package including:
- Free access to Mytime Active Leisure and Golf for you and one other;
- Competitive annual leave package;
- Holiday purchase scheme;
- 20% off food and beverage at Mytime Active sites and free hot drinks (whilst on duty);
- Stakeholder pension;
- Exceptional achievement award scheme;
- Employee discount and salary sacrifice scheme
Mytime Active is an award winning social enterprise, with aspirations to make sure everybody in the communities we service “Get more out of life”. We have an ambitious strategy underway to transform us from a local authority facilities management company to a leader in community wellbeing and require the best talent to achieve this. Mytime Active runs lifestyle preventative health services across the UK, whilst our leisure centres in the London Borough of Bromley offer swimming, gym facilities, ten pin bowling and much more. With 16 great courses located in London, the Midlands and the south coast, we are also the second largest pay and play golf operator in the UK.
How to apply
Please apply with a CV and covering letter, stating why your skills and experience make you ideal for this position to Glenn.Siddons@mytimeactive.co.uk
*All offers of employment are conditional upon you signing the contract of employment and the following being secured:
- Satisfactory health clearance;
- Two satisfactory references;
- Proof of attainment of qualifications;
- Evidence of your right to work in the United Kingdom; and
- If applicable, satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Mytime Active reserve the right to remove the advert for this role as required.
*Please note we will give preferential consideration to internal employees that are to be re-deployed providing they meet the criteria.
Diversity at Mytime Active
*Mytime Active applies its Equal Opportunities Policy at all stages of recruitment and selection. Shortlisting, interviewing and selection is carried out without regard to gender, sexual orientation, marital status, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief, age or trade union membership. Those with disabilities meeting the minimum requirements for the post will be shortlisted and reasonable adjustments will be made to ensure they are not disadvantaged during the interview process.