Position: Group Exercise Programme Manager
Reports to: Principal Fitness & Wellbeing Manager
Salary: £28,000 to £32,000 DOE
Job Type: Permanent
Closing Date: 31st December 2019
About the role
Reporting to the Principal Fitness & Wellbeing Manager, the Group Exercise Programme Manager will be responsible for ensuring that our group exercise programme, service and products across the region are implemented and delivered to the highest of standards. This role will be to support centres to maximise occupancy of all group exercise classes by increasing member penetration through improved programming excellence that give our customers an unrivalled experience.
The Group Exercise Programme Manager will work directly with the Principal Fitness & Wellbeing Managers to share best practice, implement agreed systems and procedures across every centre and to improve member satisfaction
Coach teams in the understanding of what they need to do to maximise their classes and to get more members working out together in groups whilst ensuring a high-quality member experience and continual growth for our facilities is achieved.
- Be responsible for conducting research and gathering direct and non-direct competitor analysis to gain a thorough understanding of what best-in-class fitness services and programming looks like. Then, leveraging these insights into the creation of simple, concise and effective group exercise programming strategies that are aligned with Mytime Active objectives, our The Theory of Change model and primary outcome to improve customers wellbeing that can be easily scaled ensuring continuity across the Company and to oversee the successful integration to business as usual.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of all Group Exercise programming and work with the Fitness & Wellbeing Managers to improve program offerings and member experience, as well as furthering instructor education. Includes, but not limited to, implementing and supporting technology usage, creating product processes, and instructor tools and overall enhancement to ensure service and programming effectiveness through systems, processes and execution.
- Routinely connect with group exercise instructors to evaluate areas of improvements, opportunity and development. Partner with Fitness & Wellbeing Managers in conducting regular progression meetings to assess performance and validate group exercise instructor certifications.
- Develop relationships with vendors and industry leaders to bring in certifications and educational opportunities to the Group Fitness Instructors. Provides in-house workshops, conferences and other continuing education opportunities to the Group Fitness Instructors.
Essential skills and Experience
- Knowledge of public health, fitness market and group exercise;
- Commercially aware, able to collaborate;
- The ability to develop and grow a range of products to sell in a competitive market place;
- Strategic thinking, with ability to scan and summarise the market and policy context;
- Previous experience of National or Multi-Site Group Exercise Management
- The skill set to bring our studio’s to life, driving member engagement
- A track record of motivating and developing high performing teams
- The ability to develop and manage an outstanding group exercise offering
- Excellent organisation and prioritisation skills; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously ranging from strategy to execution
- Experience in master training
- Exercise to Music qualification equivalent to a REP Level 2 (Required)
- Teacher and Assessor Qualification (Required)
In return, you get to work for a great company with like-minded people with a competitive salary and benefits package including:
- Free access to Mytime Active Leisure and Golf for you and one other;
- Competitive annual leave package;
- Holiday purchase scheme;
- 20% off food and beverage at Mytime Active sites and free hot drinks (whilst on duty);
- Stakeholder pension;
- Exceptional achievement award scheme;
- Employee discount and salary sacrifice scheme
We are a social enterprise on a mission to improve wellbeing. We make it simple for people to get more out of life by moving more, eating better, feeling positive and making new friends. We understand what it takes to make a positive impact on everyday wellbeing and we are here to make it simple, easy and more fun for everyone in our neighbourhoods to live longer, healthier and happier lives.
Across the generations, from children to grandparents and everyone in between, we help people get to where they want to be, whatever their starting point. With swimming, gyms, golf, bowling, social and health programmes, our range of wellbeing services ensures we have something for everyone.
How to apply
Please apply with a CV and covering letter, stating why your skills and experience make you ideal for this position firstname.lastname@example.org
*All offers of employment are conditional upon you signing the contract of employment and the following being secured:
- Satisfactory health clearance;
- Two satisfactory references;
- Proof of attainment of qualifications;
- Evidence of your right to work in the United Kingdom; and
- If applicable, satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Mytime Active reserve the right to remove the advert for this role as required.
*Please note we will give preferential consideration to internal employees that are to be re-deployed providing they meet the criteria.
Diversity at Mytime Active
*Mytime Active applies its Equal Opportunities Policy at all stages of recruitment and selection. Shortlisting, interviewing and selection is carried out without regard to gender, sexual orientation, marital status, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief, age or trade union membership. Those with disabilities meeting the minimum requirements for the post will be shortlisted and reasonable adjustments will be made to ensure they are not disadvantaged during the interview process.