Position: Halls Officer
Site: Crofton Halls
Salary: £8.91 per hour or £18533 per annum
Job Type: Permanent, full time (40 hours per week, including evening and weekend shifts)
About the role
You will support the Halls Operations Manager with the day to day operations, activities and events at the Halls. this will include setting up for functions and events and answering enquiries, promoting the facilities and carrying out administrative support and presence during a seven day operating week, being responsible for hirers, their guests, visitors, buildings and cash receipts. This position involves lone working.
Duties will include:
- To support the supervisor with reception services, telephone enquiries dealing with complaints and to be responsible for the security of buildings and associated areas, the opening and closing of venues, setting of alarms and acting as a key holder for call out by the Police including supporting the cash collection and weekly banking and reconciliation of income.
- To be responsible for reception services including inputting bookings, taking money for in-house activities and ensure that an appropriate level of service is maintained together with a high level of customer satisfaction.
- To monitor, collate and report customer issues and feedback to site supervisor/manager, offering recommendations where necessary and implementing agreed action plan.
- To support the halls supervisor with the bar operation as required including brewery orders, deliveries/collections and cleaning of bar areas including presence during bar functions supporting bar staff during functions as required.
- To set up/break down and store all equipment, furniture and cleaning materials to meet the demands of the site programme.
- To control and undertake cleaning duties to agreed schedule as contained within site manuals and as updated from time to time.
- To support the supervisor with casual hall/bar staff including training in line with company procedures.
- To undertake any other duties as may be reasonably requested by management and to cover other establishments managed by Mytime as and when required.
Applicants should be innovative with a positive attitude to change and able to work as a team member in addition to being able to achieve results.
The Ideal candidate will have the following experience:
Experience working in a public/community halls environment.
Attention to detail and the ability to complete tasks to full compliance are vital.
A First Aid and/or Health & Safety and Basic Food Hygiene qualification would be desirable.
A supervisory/management qualification and/or BIIAB Licence would also be an advantage.
How to apply
Please apply with a CV and covering letter, stating why your skills and experience make you ideal for this position to: Matt.Burns@MytimeActive.co.uk
*All offers of employment are conditional upon you signing the contract of employment and the following being secured:
- Satisfactory health clearance;
- Two satisfactory references;
- Proof of attainment of qualifications;
- Evidence of your right to work in the United Kingdom; and
- If applicable, satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Mytime Active reserve the right to remove the advert for this role as required.
*Please note we will give preferential consideration to internal employees that are to be re-deployed providing they meet the criteria.
Diversity at Mytime Active
*Mytime Active applies its Equal Opportunities Policy at all stages of recruitment and selection. Shortlisting, interviewing and selection is carried out without regard to gender, sexual orientation, marital status, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief, age or trade union membership. Those with disabilities meeting the minimum requirements for the post will be shortlisted and reasonable adjustments will be made to ensure they are not disadvantaged during the interview process.