Position: Head Chef
Reports to: Food and Beverage Manager
Location: Sandling, Maidstone ME14 3AZ (Cobtree - Manor Park Golf Course)
Salary: £23,000 - £26,000 annual salary, dependent upon skills and experience
Job Type: Full-time, 40Hrs a week (Great sociable working hours)
Start date: ASAP
Mytime Active is an award winning social enterprise, with aspirations to increase the wellbeing of everybody in the communities we service. We have an ambitious strategy underway to transform us from a local authority facilities management company to a leader in community wellbeing and require the best talent to achieve this. Mytime Active runs lifestyle preventative health services across the UK, whilst our leisure centres in the London Borough of Bromley offer swimming, gym facilities, ten pin bowling and much more. With great courses located in London, the Midlands and the south coast, we are also the second largest pay and play golf operator in the UK.
For more information on Mytime Active please click on: www.mytimeactive.co.uk
About the role
An opportunity has arisen for a Head Chef to join our team to ensure our standards for food, quality and service are maintained which will result in customer satisfaction and repeat business.
You will be responsible for overseeing the team whilst also ensuring that the kitchen runs smoothly. You will be responsible for the following:
- To provide, manage and develop a high quality catering service
- To maintain effective control of Food & Beverage services and budgets within the required margins
- Comply with set menus which reflect Mytime’s standard of using fresh, high quality and seasonal products
- Prepare, cook and present all meals attractively. The majority of dishes will be made in-house
- Supervise food delivery and presentation
- Order all supplies cost-effectively using nominated and approved suppliers
- Ensure a high standard of cleanliness is maintained in the kitchen
- Keep stock secure at all times, storing foodstuffs appropriately and maintain accurate records. Avoid unnecessary wastage and deterioration of foodstuffs
- Manage catering staff to ensure a professional safe, clean and efficient kitchen operation. Ensure that all staff are trained in food handling and preparation, the use of all equipment personal hygiene, serving, food storage and in keeping the required Mytime records
- Ensure equipment is used appropriately and for its designed use. Report any equipment defects and withdraw from use immediately
- Comply with Mytime policies in terms of Food Safety and Health & Safety, completing and storing all records as outlined in the Quality Management System
- Maintain good working relationships with colleagues at all times
- Attend and participate in training sessions and meetings as and when required
- To carry out all duties with regard to Health & Safety requirements and regulations according to the Health & Safety Policy
- To operate a professional, safe and cost effective catering service within the company’s operational standards, complying with all statutory requirements.
- Food Safety Certificate Level 2/ 3 or equivalent
- Previous experience of running a busy kitchen environment, managing GP’s, overseeing a team of chefs
- Knowledge of current F&B best practice
- Commercial awareness
In return, you get to work for a great company with like minded people with a competitive salary and benefits package including:
- Free access to Mytime Active Leisure and Golf for you and one other;
- Competitive annual leave package;
- Holiday purchase scheme;
- 20% off food and beverage at Mytime Active sites and free hot drinks (whilst on duty);
- Stakeholder pension;
- Exceptional achievement award scheme;
- Employee discount and salary sacrifice scheme; and Childcare vouchers.
How to apply
Please apply with a CV and covering letter, stating why your skills and experience make you ideal for this position to: firstname.lastname@example.org
*All offers of employment are conditional upon you signing the contract of employment and the following being secured:
- Satisfactory health clearance;
- Two satisfactory references;
- Proof of attainment of qualifications;
- Evidence of your right to work in the United Kingdom; and
- If applicable, satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Mytime Active reserve the right to remove the advert for this role as required.
*Please note we will give preferential consideration to internal employees that are to be re-deployed providing they meet the criteria.
Diversity at Mytime Active
*Mytime Active applies its Equal Opportunities Policy at all stages of recruitment and selection. Shortlisting, interviewing and selection is carried out without regard to gender, sexual orientation, marital status, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief, age or trade union membership. Those with disabilities meeting the minimum requirements for the post will be shortlisted and reasonable adjustments will be made to ensure they are not disadvantaged during the interview process.