Classes are run by an exercise professional, and delivered over 12 classes (2 classes per week over 6 weeks). Each class integrates education and exercise:
- Educational session (~20mins): facilitated group discussion on self-management and coping strategies
- Exercise regimen (~40mins): circuit-type, individualised and progressive
Benefits (supported by clinical evidence)
- Reduces pain
- Improves physical function
- Improves mental wellbeing, self-confidence and self-esteem
- Reduces healthcare and utilisation costs
- Aged 45 years or older
- Chronic joint pain for at least 6 months
- Needing a supervised exercise programme
- Independently mobile and able to carry out regular exercise
- Available to attend 2 classes per week for 6 weeks
If you think ESCAPE-pain might be suitable for you, talk to your GP or healthcare professional and ask for an exercise referral form to be completed and sent to our head office.
Once we receive the referral, we will get in touch to agree on a suitable class.
Sessions are held at venues across the Bromley borough.
For more information, please visit your GP to obtain a referral or contact us on 020 8290 4000.