We offer a range of fun, practical healthy lifestyle courses for residents. Our MEND programmes, which stands for Mind, Exercise, Nutrition…Do It!, consist of lively, interactive sessions for parents/carers and children that offer sustainable and practical advice, guidance and tips on eating well and moving more.
Download the timetable for Hammersmith and Fulham, Kensington and Chelsea, and Westminster to find a MEND course near you.
The courses include:
- MEND Mums for post-natal women with a baby aged up to 2
- MEND Mini for children aged 2 to 4 and their parents/carers
- MEND 5-7 for children aged 5-7 who are above a healthy weight and their parents/carers
- MEND 7-13 for children aged 7-13 who are above a healthy weight and their parents/carers
- MEND Teens for young people aged 13-18 who are above a healthy weight and their parents/carers
- MEND One to Ones for parents/carers with children aged up to 4 for whom a group programme is unsuitable or with additional needs
To book a place, call our friendly team on 0203 795 9346 or email email@example.com
Mytime Active in schools, children’s centres and nurseries
Through the MEND in Schools initiative, Mytime Active is working with a number of specifically chosen schools in Hammersmith and Fulham, Kensington and Chelsea, and Westminster to increase the amount of time children are active in school and their knowledge of healthy eating.
This is a three year programme that delivers fun and interactive physical activity and nutrition activities across the school day for children in years 1 and year 4. Children also take part in extra curricular physical activity sessions, and parents are invited to attend a number of parent workshops with a registered nutritionist on different healthy eating topics.
Mytime Active is also supporting all primary and secondary schools to achieve bronze, silver or gold Healthy Schools Awards, and working with children’s centres and nurseries to help them achieve the Healthy Early Years Award.
Healthy catering and training for businesses and organisations
Mytime Active is working with local authority environmental health departments to increase the number of local food businesses that achieve the Healthier Catering Commitment. This award recognises small food businesses that have taken steps to improve their cooking methods and offer healthier food and drinks to their customers.
We also offer training to all frontline staff across Hammersmith & Fulham, Kensington & Chelsea and Westminster who are engaging with children and young people. Our workforce training increases participants’ knowledge and awareness of key healthy eating and physical activity messages and provides advice of how to signpost into our MEND healthy lifestyle programmes.
Healthy Start vitamins
Mytime Active organises the distribution of Healthy Start vitamins and works in the community to raise awareness and promote uptake of vitamins amongst mums, infants and young children.
Healthy Start vitamins contain the recommended amount of vitamin D, an essential nutrient that supports healthy bones and teeth.
The vitamins are freely available to all children under 5 and women who are pregnant, thinking about becoming pregnant or have a baby aged 12 months or under from health centres and Children’s Centres in the boroughs.
- Find out where to collect Healthy Start vitamins
- To learn more about what we do in the area, download this overview of Mytime Active’s services in Hammersmith and Fulham, Kensington and Chelsea and Westminster