Healthy Lifestyle Specialist (HLS) - Families & Workplace
Job Type: Full Time 40 hours or 2 x Part time 20 hours
Mytime Active provides a range of healthy lifestyle services across the country. We are seeking a suitable person to work with the Walsall Team as well as a range of health care professionals and partner organisations.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic individual, who is passionate about making a difference to the health of our future generation, to join our Walsall team.
The role will focus on public health messages & behaviour change split between family & workplace settings.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Engaging families with children aged 2-7 years who would benefit from lifestyle advice and supporting them to access the programme.
- Delivering our exciting 6 week Healthy Families Programme ‘Super Wiggles’ in a variety of community settings. (Nursery, community groups or schools)
- Liaising with health professionals and local services to promote ‘Super Wiggles’ as part of Walsall’s Integrated Lifestyle Service.
- To promote healthy lifestyle topics like: Healthy eating, physical activity, cleaning teeth and daily routines
- Engaging with small, medium and large businesses to encourage them to sign up to workplace wellbeing initiatives
- Supporting small, medium and large business through workplace wellbeing initiatives
- Monitoring individual /whole workplace activity and outcomes
About the Candidate:
- Hold a relevant qualification or equivalent experience (e.g. Health trainer, sport science or nutrition)
- Confident speaker in a personal and public environment
- Ability to organise and monitor various case loads
- Driving license and/or ability to travel
- Enhanced DBS clearance
- Experience of delivering lifestyle services
- Experience of working with families
- Knowledge of Walsall health services
You will be expected to have a thorough understanding of behaviour change. To be able to confidently communicate with a wide range of individuals and organisations, as well as having a passion for the promotion and delivery of high quality services.
This post is subject to satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure.
Note this role requires flexibility to ensure we meet the needs of the service and will require some evening / weekend work.
- Free access to Mytime Active Leisure & Golf;
- 22 days annual leave (excluding bank holidays);
- Holiday purchase scheme;
- 20% off food and beverage and free hot drinks;
- Stakeholder pension;
- Exceptional achievement award scheme;
- Employee discount & salary sacrifice scheme; and Childcare vouchers.
For more information please speak to Amy Brittain on 0203 589 8407
To apply please send CV and cover letter to Amy Brittain - Amy.Brittain@mytimeactive.co.uk
Mytime applies its Equal Opportunities Policy at all stages of recruitment and selection. Shortlisting, interviewing and selection is carried out without regard to gender, sexual orientation, marital status, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief, age or trade union membership. Those with disabilities meeting the minimum requirements for the post will be shortlisted and reasonable adjustments will be made to ensure they are not disadvantaged during the interview process