Position: Healthy Lifestyle Specialist
Salary: £18,000 p/a
Job Type: Fixed term up to April 30th 2020 (With the potential for this to extend)
Closing Date: Friday 13th September 2019
Interviews to be held: Week commencing 23rd September 2019
About the role
We are seeking a suitable person to work with the Walsall Team as well as a range of health care professionals and partner organisations.
The successful applicant will be responsible for engagement with individuals & organisations to generate new referrals, then the subsequent delivery of the following programmes:
- A 12 week one to one behaviour change programme
- Delivery of workshops to small groups of participants on a range of lifestyle topics (which may include weigh ins and the delivery of exercise)
- A six week programme for families of children aged 2 – 7 years
This individual may also be asked to undertake some business to customer delivery if the opportunity arises
We are looking for an enthusiastic, experienced, self-motivated individual, with an interest and commitment to lifestyle behaviour change in Walsall.
To be eligible to apply for the role you must
- Hold a relevant qualification or equivalent experience
- Have experience of delivering lifestyle programmes to a range of individuals
- Have experience of working with health care professionals and community organisations
He/ She will be expected to have a thorough understanding of behaviour change. To be able to confidently communicate with a wide range of individuals and organisations, as well as having a passion for the delivery of high quality services
Note this role requires flexibility to ensure we meet the needs of the service and will require some evening / weekend work.
In return, you get to work for a great company with like minded people with a competitive salary and benefits package including:
- Free access to Mytime Active Leisure and Golf for you and one other;
- Competitive annual leave package;
- Holiday purchase scheme;
- 20% off food and beverage at Mytime Active sites and free hot drinks (whilst on duty);
- Stakeholder pension;
- Exceptional achievement award scheme;
- Employee discount and salary sacrifice scheme
We are a social enterprise on a mission to improve wellbeing. We make it simple for people to get more out of life by moving more, eating better, feeling positive and making new friends. We understand what it takes to make a positive impact on everyday wellbeing and we are here to make it simple, easy and more fun for everyone in our neighbourhoods to live longer, healthier and happier lives.
Across the generations, from children to grandparents and everyone in between, we help people get to where they want to be, whatever their starting point. With swimming, gyms, golf, bowling, social and health programmes, our range of wellbeing services ensures we have something for everyone.
How to apply
Please apply with a CV and covering letter, stating why your skills and experience make you ideal for this position to email@example.com
For more information please email or speak to Mary Fairfield - Telephone number 07791 449124 or Tom Alder 07791 885375
*All offers of employment are conditional upon you signing the contract of employment and the following being secured:
- Satisfactory health clearance;
- Two satisfactory references;
- Proof of attainment of qualifications;
- Evidence of your right to work in the United Kingdom; and
- If applicable, satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Mytime Active reserve the right to remove the advert for this role as required.
*Please note we will give preferential consideration to internal employees that are to be re-deployed providing they meet the criteria.
Diversity at Mytime Active
*Mytime Active applies its Equal Opportunities Policy at all stages of recruitment and selection. Shortlisting, interviewing and selection is carried out without regard to gender, sexual orientation, marital status, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief, age or trade union membership. Those with disabilities meeting the minimum requirements for the post will be shortlisted and reasonable adjustments will be made to ensure they are not disadvantaged during the interview process.