- Position: HR Advisor
- Reports to: Head of HR
- Location: Orpington, Kent
- Salary: £26,000 - £28,000pa dependant on experience
- Hours: Full time, 40 hours per week
- Job Type: Permanent
- Closing Date: 21st August 2020
Main duties and accountabilities:
- Provide pragmatic, tailored and business focused advice on all employment matters, equipping line managers with appropriate knowledge and tools to effectively manage and develop their people.
- Work in partnership with line managers to facilitate change within the business.
- Act as the first point of contact for managers in all employment relation issues.
- Coach line managers to effectively manage employment disputes.
- Continually improve recruitment processes to improve quality of recruitment and the applicant experience.
- To be responsible for the procurement and utilisation of all online advertising.
- Manage procurement activities in order to identify and select apprenticeship/volunteer providers.
- Ensure apprentices and volunteers are engaged and feel a sense of connection with the work of Mytime Active.
- Ensure the Apprenticeship levy account is managed effectively and accurately recorded.
In return, you get to work for a great company with like-minded people with a competitive salary and benefits package including:
- Free access to Mytime Active Leisure and Golf for you and one other;
- Competitive annual leave package;
- Holiday purchase scheme;
- 20% off food and beverage at Mytime Active sites and free hot drinks (whilst on duty);
- Stakeholder pension;
- Exceptional achievement award scheme;
- Employee discount and salary sacrifice scheme
You will have
- Gained HR Advisor experience in a fast-paced environment
- Experience of managing organisational change including TUPE
- Experience in managing complex and challenging employee relations issues
- Broad experience across the range of HR functions, including recruitment, training and development, performance and conduct management;
- CIPD level 5 or equivalent would be an advantage
We are a social enterprise on a mission to improve wellbeing. We make it simple for people to get more out of life by moving more, eating better, feeling positive and making new friends. We understand what it takes to make a positive impact on everyday wellbeing and we are here to make it simple, easy and more fun for everyone in our neighbourhoods to live longer, healthier and happier lives.
Across the generations, from children to grandparents and everyone in between, we help people get to where they want to be, whatever their starting point. With swimming, gyms, golf, bowling, social and health programmes, our range of wellbeing services ensures we have something for everyone.
How to apply
Please apply with a CV and covering letter, stating why your skills and experience make you ideal for this position firstname.lastname@example.org
*All offers of employment are conditional upon you signing the contract of employment and the following being secured:
- Satisfactory health clearance;
- Two satisfactory references;
- Proof of attainment of qualifications;
- Evidence of your right to work in the United Kingdom; and
- If applicable, satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Mytime Active reserve the right to remove the advert for this role as required.
*Please note we will give preferential consideration to internal employees that are to be re-deployed providing they meet the criteria.
Diversity at Mytime Active
*Mytime Active applies its Equal Opportunities Policy at all stages of recruitment and selection. Shortlisting, interviewing and selection is carried out without regard to gender, sexual orientation, marital status, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief, age or trade union membership. Those with disabilities meeting the minimum requirements for the post will be shortlisted and reasonable adjustments will be made to ensure they are not disadvantaged during the interview process.