Position: Internal Audit and Control Manager
Reports to: Finance Director
About the role
Mytime Active is an established social enterprise, with headquarters in Bromley. Improving the wellbeing of our customers and their communities through well managed, accessible and good value leisure, golf and health services is at the heart of what we do. We are proud of our achievements to date and seek a highly motivated and determined qualified accountant to help us continue to successfully deliver our ambitious plans.
This position will play a critical role at a time of huge transformation and change for the business. Working closely with and reporting to the Finance Director you will be the organisational Internal Audit and Control lead, with full ownership and accountability of the internal audit and control framework, internal audit plan as well as corporate policies and procedures.
This is an exciting role for an experienced audit professional, with the opportunity to review the current control and audit provision (historically largely outsourced) and develop a new updated framework. Key to the role will be developing a deep understanding of the Mytime Active business and building close relationships with stakeholders across both the site operations teams and Support Services. You will need to show strong leadership qualities, be comfortable working at a senior level and demonstrate the ability to work in a fast paced, challenging environment.
- Establish and maintain an effective and appropriate internal audit and control framework and methodology.
- Develop site audit template for use across all Mytime Active leisure and golf sites, with high quality evidence based testing schedules.
- Develop and maintain a risk based internal audit programme, covering both the site audits and testing of key companywide controls.
- Develop and present reports on audit findings and make recommendations directly to the senior management team.
- Development of quarterly audit updates to the Mytime Active Audit and Risk Committee.
- Proactive analysis and escalation of key risks and improvements in the risk and control environment.
- Monitor delivery of audit action plans and conduct follow up reviews to ensure agreed audit recommendations are delivered and sustained.
- Ownership of the corporate framework for policies and procedures, ensuring that they are reviewed and updated on a regular basis by corporate owners and that compliance is monitored.
- Establish strong stakeholder relationships at all levels of the organisation.
In return, you get to work for a great company with like minded people with a competitive salary and benefits package including:
- Free access to Mytime Active Leisure and Golf for you and one other;
- Competitive annual leave package;
- Holiday purchase scheme;
- 20% off food and beverage at Mytime Active sites and free hot drinks (whilst on duty);
- Stakeholder pension;
- Exceptional achievement award scheme;
- Employee discount and salary sacrifice scheme
We are a social enterprise on a mission to improve wellbeing. We make it simple for people to get more out of life by moving more, eating better, feeling positive and making new friends. We understand what it takes to make a positive impact on everyday wellbeing and we are here to make it simple, easy and more fun for everyone in our neighbourhoods to live longer, healthier and happier lives.
Across the generations, from children to grandparents and everyone in between, we help people get to where they want to be, whatever their starting point. With swimming, gyms, golf, bowling, social and health programmes, our range of wellbeing services ensures we have something for everyone.
How to apply
Please apply with a CV and covering letter, stating why your skills and experience make you ideal for this position to email@example.com
*All offers of employment are conditional upon you signing the contract of employment and the following being secured:
- Satisfactory health clearance;
- Two satisfactory references;
- Proof of attainment of qualifications;
- Evidence of your right to work in the United Kingdom; and
- If applicable, satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Mytime Active reserve the right to remove the advert for this role as required.
*Please note we will give preferential consideration to internal employees that are to be re-deployed providing they meet the criteria.
Diversity at Mytime Active
*Mytime Active applies its Equal Opportunities Policy at all stages of recruitment and selection. Shortlisting, interviewing and selection is carried out without regard to gender, sexual orientation, marital status, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief, age or trade union membership. Those with disabilities meeting the minimum requirements for the post will be shortlisted and reasonable adjustments will be made to ensure they are not disadvantaged during the interview process.