Reports to: Duty Manager
Location: Bromley Region
Salary: £19,760. per annum /£9.50 per hour depending on contract type
Job Type: Various ranging from zero hour to 40 hours per week but will include early mornings, evenings and weekend shifts
About the role
Our Lifeguards keep busy ensuring everything is in its place. You cannot underestimate the importance of pool safety and neither the responsibility that come with this vital role. Your role will be varied with regular pool rotations, thoroughly cleaning the pool and other assigned areas, to setting up equipment and delivering excellent customer service. In this role you will be equipped with the skills to potentially save a life.
If you are calm under pressure, highly responsible and is a natural with people from all walks of life, this could be your opportunity to develop your career in such a vital role within our leisure facilities. We look for people with passion, personality, integrity and real can-do attitude who understand the importance of delivering excellent customer service.
A great team player, joining the Mytime active family you will make sure our customers have the best possible experience in terms of enjoyment, safety and hygiene.
The ability to be able to swim 2 lengths in under 90 seconds and pass a swim test is important to take to you through to the next stage. A National Pool Lifeguard Qualification would be great, but we can provide that training for you.
- The Pavilion
- West Wickham
- Biggin Hill
- Darrick Wood
We are a growing business looking for the brightest and best to join us. At Mytime Active improving the wellbeing of our customers and the communities where we work is at the heart of what we do. As a leading social enterprise, we are committed to supporting customers and employees to achieve an active and healthy lifestyle through well managed, accessible and good value leisure, golf and health services.
If you want a job that is rewarding and helps to change people’s lives for the better, then you’ve come to the right place. You will be fairly rewarded for your efforts in an organisation that understands the value of it’s people.
In return, you get:
- Free access to Mytime Active Leisure and Golf for you and one other;
- Competitive annual leave package;
- Holiday purchase scheme;
- 20% off food and beverage at Mytime Active sites and free hot drinks (whilst on duty);
- Stakeholder pension;
- Exceptional achievement award scheme;
- Employee discount and salary sacrifice scheme; and Childcare vouchers.
How to apply:
Please apply with a CV and covering letter stating:
- The site you are applying for.
- Why your skills and experience make you ideal for this position
As we are looking for lifeguards over various sites please forward your CV to the below based on the site:
- The Spa at Beckenham (Full time 40 hour vacancies) - Eric.Ankrah@mytimeactive.co.uk
- West Wickham (Full time 40 hour vacancy) - Jane.Kersting@mytimeactive.co.uk
- Biggin Hill (Various hours) - Patrick.Weller@mytimeactive.co.uk
- The Pavilion Bromley (Various hours) - Rachel.Cundle@mytimeactive.co.uk
- The Walnuts Orpington (Various Hours) - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Darrick Wood Pool (Various Hours) - Mark.Gregorian@mytimeactive.co.uk
*All offers of employment are conditional upon you signing the contract of employment and the following being secured:
- Satisfactory health clearance;
- Two satisfactory references;
- Proof of attainment of qualifications;
- Evidence of your right to work in the United Kingdom; and
- If applicable, satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Diversity at Mytime Active
*Mytime Active applies its Equal Opportunities Policy at all stages of recruitment and selection. Shortlisting, interviewing and selection is carried out without regard to gender, sexual orientation, marital status, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief, age or trade union membership. Those with disabilities meeting the minimum requirements for the post will be shortlisted and reasonable adjustments will be made to ensure they are not disadvantaged during the interview process.