Position: Operations Manager
Reports to: General Manager
Site: The Spa at Beckenham
Salary: £27,000 to £32,000 DOE
Job Type: Full Time
About the role
As the Operations Manager you would be expected to ensure the safe and efficient operation of the centre whilst achieving commercial and social objectives. The Operations Manager is key in the delivery of customer service excellence and staff satisfaction.
The successful candidate will be able to ensure a welcoming, professional and credible customer service orientated presence is delivered at all times.
Our Operations Manager will be responsible for budgets and driving the team to meet targets in terms of KPI’s, balance score cards and overall profitability so a this role will suit a highly results motivated self-starter that can work under pressure and remain calm and professional and experience of using initiative and creativity to resolve complex problems
We are searching for an excellent communicator who has the ability to influence and persuade others using their knowledge of Leisure services and practical applications within Leisure as their base.
This role will give you the opportunity to contribute to the wider strategic development of the organisation, to think analytically and to utilise high level implementation skills.
- National Pool Lifeguard Qualification and First Aid qualification (training will be available should you be prepared to achieve these as a condition of appointment).
- Pool Plant Operator’s qualifications (training will be available should you be prepared to achieve these as a condition of appointment).
- Educated to A level standard or, equivalent qualification or relevant experience.
We are a social enterprise on a mission to improve wellbeing. We make it simple for people to get more out of life by moving more, eating better, feeling positive and making new friends. We understand what it takes to make a positive impact on everyday wellbeing and we are here to make it simple, easy and more fun for everyone in our neighbourhoods to live longer, healthier and happier lives.
Across the generations, from children to grandparents and everyone in between, we help people get to where they want to be, whatever their starting point. With swimming, gyms, golf, bowling, social and health programmes, our range of wellbeing services ensures we have something for everyone.
In return, you get to work for a great company with like minded people with a competitive salary and benefits package including:
- Free access to Mytime Active Leisure and Golf for you and one other;
- Competitive annual leave package;
- Holiday purchase scheme;
- 20% off food and beverage at Mytime Active sites and free hot drinks (whilst on duty);
- Stakeholder pension;
- Exceptional achievement award scheme;
- Employee discount and salary sacrifice scheme
How to apply
Please apply with a CV and covering letter, stating why your skills and experience make you ideal for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org
*All offers of employment are conditional upon you signing the contract of employment and the following being secured:
- Satisfactory health clearance;
- Two satisfactory references;
- Proof of attainment of qualifications;
- Evidence of your right to work in the United Kingdom; and
- If applicable, satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Mytime Active reserve the right to remove the advert for this role as required.
*Please note we will give preferential consideration to internal employees that are to be re-deployed providing they meet the criteria.
Diversity at Mytime Active
*Mytime Active applies its Equal Opportunities Policy at all stages of recruitment and selection. Shortlisting, interviewing and selection is carried out without regard to gender, sexual orientation, marital status, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief, age or trade union membership. Those with disabilities meeting the minimum requirements for the post will be shortlisted and reasonable adjustments will be made to ensure they are not disadvantaged during the interview process.