Position: Party Host
Reports to: Buzz Manager
Salary: £8.21 per hour
Job Type: Zero hours flexible working (as required) contract
Start date: ASAP
Condition: Subject to enhanced DBS Clearance
About the role
We are looking for enthusiastic and confident people to host our wide range of children’s parties. You will keep birthday customers happy and entertained so that they have a great party.
As well as hosting parties in our Buzz Zone soft play facility, you will also lead our various sports and games parties that you will need to make fun and safe sessions for everyone.
Duties will include:
- Setting up and preparing the party rooms and/or activity areas
- Meeting and greeting party guests
- Explaining safety rules to the children
- Escorting guests from the activity to the party room safely
- Co-ordinating the delivery of party food orders
- Cleaning the party rooms to an excellent standard and re-set ready for the next party
- Excellent customer service skills and be enthusiastic and approachable
- Good communication skills
- Experience of working effectively as a team member
- Good availability at weekends both during term times and school holiday periods.
- Level 2 Award in Community Sports Leadership and/or a minimum Level 1 sports coaching qualification is desirable for this job role so that you can lead the full range of parties offered.
- Previous experience of customer-facing experience or working with children is desirable
Mytime Active is an award winning social enterprise, with aspirations to make sure everybody in the communities we service “Get more out of life”. Mytime Active’s aim is to improve the wellbeing of our customers and their communities through well managed, accessible and good value leisure, golf and health services.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including:
- Free access to Mytime Leisure & Golf;
- 20% off food and beverage and free tea and instant coffee on shift;
- Exceptional achievement award scheme;
How to apply
Please apply with a CV and covering letter, stating why your skills and experience make you ideal for this position to: firstname.lastname@example.org
* All offers of employment are conditional upon you signing the contact of flexible working employment and the following being secured:
- Satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check;
- Satisfactory health check;
- Two satisfactory references;
- Proof of attainment of qualifications;
- Evidence of your right to work in the UK
Diversity at Mytime Active
Mytime applies its Equal Opportunities Policy at all stages of recruitment and selection. Shortlisting, interviewing and selection is carried out without regard to gender, sexual orientation, marital status, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief, age or trade union membership. Those with disabilities meeting the minimum requirements for the post will be shortlisted and reasonable adjustments will be made to ensure they are not disadvantaged during the interview process.