Position: Principal Fitness and Wellbeing Manager
Reports to: Head of Business Improvement
Location: Linden House, Bromley
Salary: £40,000 to £45,000 DOE
Job Type: Permanent
Closing Date: 31st October 2019
About the role
The Principal Fitness & Wellbeing Manager is an innovative, creative and dynamic individual who acts as a brand, service and product ambassador. This person is a multi-unit leader that oversees all aspects of our fitness services including but not limited to, customer experience, retention, personal and small group training, group exercise including gym-based classes, onboarding journey, fitness testing and assessments; and wellness services; and plays the key role in driving the development of these programmes and services, whilst ensuring a high-quality member experience and continual growth for our facilities is achieved.
Implement the vision and philosophy of the fitness and wellness programs across all the Mytime Active facilities, by thinking outside the traditional gym or fitness environment. Ensuring that all initiatives are developed through the Theory of Change
The role will be key to driving Personal Coaching revenue through a quality product where staff are continuously assessed and upskilled.
Develop and nurture partnerships within suppliers, Governing Bodies and community groups. The role will also be responsible for managing a Group Exercise Manager to achieve a consistent and first-class social group exercise programme.
Essential skills and Experience
- Knowledge of public health, fitness market, group exercise and personal training;
- Creative and entrepreneurial, developing creative solutions that are operationally effective and fit within commercial constraints;
- Proven problem solving, facilitation and collaboration skills;
- Excellent organisation and prioritisation skills; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously ranging from strategy to execution;
- Ability to produce and present clear reports and guidance;
- The ability to effectively explain complex issues;
- Commercially aware, able to collaborate;
- The ability to develop and grow a range of products to sell in a competitive market place;
- Understanding and commitment to the blend of social and commercial objectives of the company;
- Ability to design, launch and fully implement initiatives
- Level 3 Fitness Qualification (Required)
- Level 4 Fitness Qualification (Required)
In return, you get to work for a great company with like-minded people with a competitive salary and benefits package including:
- Free access to Mytime Active Leisure and Golf for you and one other;
- Competitive annual leave package;
- Holiday purchase scheme;
- 20% off food and beverage at Mytime Active sites and free hot drinks (whilst on duty);
- Stakeholder pension;
- Exceptional achievement award scheme;
- Employee discount and salary sacrifice scheme
We are a social enterprise on a mission to improve wellbeing. We make it simple for people to get more out of life by moving more, eating better, feeling positive and making new friends. We understand what it takes to make a positive impact on everyday wellbeing and we are here to make it simple, easy and more fun for everyone in our neighbourhoods to live longer, healthier and happier lives.
Across the generations, from children to grandparents and everyone in between, we help people get to where they want to be, whatever their starting point. With swimming, gyms, golf, bowling, social and health programmes, our range of wellbeing services ensures we have something for everyone.
How to apply
Please apply with a CV and covering letter, stating why your skills and experience make you ideal for this position firstname.lastname@example.org
*All offers of employment are conditional upon you signing the contract of employment and the following being secured:
- Satisfactory health clearance;
- Two satisfactory references;
- Proof of attainment of qualifications;
- Evidence of your right to work in the United Kingdom; and
- If applicable, satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Mytime Active reserve the right to remove the advert for this role as required.
*Please note we will give preferential consideration to internal employees that are to be re-deployed providing they meet the criteria.
Diversity at Mytime Active
*Mytime Active applies its Equal Opportunities Policy at all stages of recruitment and selection. Shortlisting, interviewing and selection is carried out without regard to gender, sexual orientation, marital status, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief, age or trade union membership. Those with disabilities meeting the minimum requirements for the post will be shortlisted and reasonable adjustments will be made to ensure they are not disadvantaged during the interview process.