Principal Food & Beverage Manager
Position: Principal Food & Beverage Manager
Reports to: Head of Business Improvement
Location: Linden House, Bromley
Salary: £35,000 to £40,000 DOE
Job Type: Permanent
Closing Date: 29th February 2020
About the role
Reporting to the Head of Business Improvement, the Principal Food & Beverage Manager will work with operational teams to deliver, develop and drive a strategy for Mytime Active’s Food and Beverage (F&B) business, across the Mytime Active portfolio, with accountability to deliver a service and product which significantly contributes to the strategic aims and objectives of the company
- Maximising income, profitability, occupancy utilisation and service standards against defined performance indicators
- Securing best value in the delivery and continuous improvement in the provision of the service
- Using best practice and innovation to achieve excellent customer service
- Developing, implementing and managing the highest standards of health, hygiene and safety in all F&B operations
- Developing a Team to enable high performance and who can exceed set targets
- Developing a food proposition for our customers that is in-line with our Theory of Change.
- Establishing our F&B proposition with a clear brand identity.
Essential skills and Experience
- Lead the Regions F&B business to deliver Mytime Active’s vision and values, providing a clear sense of direction, ownership and target setting
- Assist in the development and delivery of the corporate business plan and to translate the company’s objectives into actions by directing resources to deliver results
- Motivate, inspire and develop all staff to have a sense of pride in their work and to take ownership of the company values
- Work in collaboration with the appropriate Managers in ensuring the accuracy of F&B forecasts, providing regular and accurate performance information in written and verbal reports
- Maintain knowledge on the latest legislation, which pertains to the F&B operations, including licencing and make the necessary operational changes to ensure the business meets all requirements
- Ensure that the F&B teams involved in the delivery of the service work effectively in partnership with other service providers, partners and suppliers
- Lead on the negotiation with all relevant suppliers, ensuring that products and prices are commensurate to the required business standards
- Maintain effective stock control methods to maintain agreed margins
- Develop and implement marketing and promotional campaigns to maximise commercial and social returns
- Assist in the development and delivery of staff training, which is consistent with current and future business needs and which meets the relevant legislative standards
- Undertake and/or commission the delivery of project work on any aspect of the F&B business as required and deliverable within available resources and timescales
In return, you get to work for a great company with like-minded people with a competitive salary and benefits package including:
- Free access to Mytime Active Leisure and Golf for you and one other;
- Competitive annual leave package;
- Holiday purchase scheme;
- 20% off food and beverage at Mytime Active sites and free hot drinks (whilst on duty);
- Stakeholder pension;
- Exceptional achievement award scheme;
- Employee discount and salary sacrifice scheme
We are a social enterprise on a mission to improve wellbeing. We make it simple for people to get more out of life by moving more, eating better, feeling positive and making new friends. We understand what it takes to make a positive impact on everyday wellbeing and we are here to make it simple, easy and more fun for everyone in our neighbourhoods to live longer, healthier and happier lives.
Across the generations, from children to grandparents and everyone in between, we help people get to where they want to be, whatever their starting point. With swimming, gyms, golf, bowling, social and health programmes, our range of wellbeing services ensures we have something for everyone.
How to apply
Please apply with a CV and covering letter, stating why your skills and experience make you ideal for this position email@example.com
*All offers of employment are conditional upon you signing the contract of employment and the following being secured:
- Satisfactory health clearance;
- Two satisfactory references;
- Proof of attainment of qualifications;
- Evidence of your right to work in the United Kingdom; and
- If applicable, satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Mytime Active reserve the right to remove the advert for this role as required.
*Please note we will give preferential consideration to internal employees that are to be re-deployed providing they meet the criteria.
Diversity at Mytime Active
*Mytime Active applies its Equal Opportunities Policy at all stages of recruitment and selection. Shortlisting, interviewing and selection is carried out without regard to gender, sexual orientation, marital status, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief, age or trade union membership. Those with disabilities meeting the minimum requirements for the post will be shortlisted and reasonable adjustments will be made to ensure they are not disadvantaged during the interview process.