Position: Principal Golf Operations Manager
Reports to: Head of Business Improvement
Salary: £35,000 to £40,000 DOE
Job Type: Permanent
Closing Date: 29th February 2020
About the role
Reporting to the Head of Business Improvement, the Principal Golf Operations Manager will be responsible for increasing usage revenue within the golf courses. This role will be to support centres to maximise Tee Sheet occupancy of all golf courses by increasing Pay & Play and member roundage.
The Principal Golf Operations Manager core responsibility is to maximise the utilisation of our golf estate through the collaboration with our General and Centre Managers through a clear delivery plan. This plan will in turn deliver a service which significantly contributes to the strategic aims and objectives of Mytime Active by:
- Maximising golf course income, profitability, membership base, occupancy utilisation and service standards
- Delivering a service which significantly contributes to the development and achievement of business aims and financial targets
- Securing best value in delivery and continuous improvement in the provision of the service
- Using best practice and innovation to achieve excellent customer service
- The development of the Team to enable high performing staff who can achieve set targets
- Driving continuous improvement through the management of industry performance indicators and benchmarking against our own performance
- Maximising the tee booking sheet in terms of utilisation and maximising yield.
Essential skills and Experience
- Innovative approach to the design and delivery of Tee Sheet utilisation
- Will be able to demonstrate financial awareness, medium term business planning as well as clear-sighted operational management ability
- Will be reliable and confident in making key decisions within the business
- Will be able to demonstrate excellent planning and time management ability
- Will be able to maintain and be committed to an effective employee culture and deliver quality training
- Will be able to assist in the effective marketing of the Company and location for business development purposes
- Will be able to prove financial, commercial and business acumen
- Proven problem-solving skills, the ability to be flexible and to exercise sound judgement and decision-making, and to give sound advice, often within tight timescales
- Numeracy skills sufficient to analyse/interpret statistical information and calculate pay and conditions of service entitlements
- Management experience in a golf or leisure facility environment
- Proven experience of implementing sales and marketing strategies
- Proven experience in managing a successful multi-centre golf offering
- Experience of managing multi-disciplinary teams, either directly or through contracts/franchises.
In return, you get to work for a great company with like-minded people with a competitive salary and benefits package including:
- Free access to Mytime Active Leisure and Golf for you and one other;
- Competitive annual leave package;
- Holiday purchase scheme;
- 20% off food and beverage at Mytime Active sites and free hot drinks (whilst on duty);
- Stakeholder pension;
- Exceptional achievement award scheme;
- Employee discount and salary sacrifice scheme
We are a social enterprise on a mission to improve wellbeing. We make it simple for people to get more out of life by moving more, eating better, feeling positive and making new friends. We understand what it takes to make a positive impact on everyday wellbeing and we are here to make it simple, easy and more fun for everyone in our neighbourhoods to live longer, healthier and happier lives.
Across the generations, from children to grandparents and everyone in between, we help people get to where they want to be, whatever their starting point. With swimming, gyms, golf, bowling, social and health programmes, our range of wellbeing services ensures we have something for everyone.
How to apply
Please apply with a CV and covering letter, stating why your skills and experience make you ideal for this position email@example.com
*All offers of employment are conditional upon you signing the contract of employment and the following being secured:
- Satisfactory health clearance;
- Two satisfactory references;
- Proof of attainment of qualifications;
- Evidence of your right to work in the United Kingdom; and
- If applicable, satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Mytime Active reserve the right to remove the advert for this role as required.
*Please note we will give preferential consideration to internal employees that are to be re-deployed providing they meet the criteria.
Diversity at Mytime Active
*Mytime Active applies its Equal Opportunities Policy at all stages of recruitment and selection. Shortlisting, interviewing and selection is carried out without regard to gender, sexual orientation, marital status, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief, age or trade union membership. Those with disabilities meeting the minimum requirements for the post will be shortlisted and reasonable adjustments will be made to ensure they are not disadvantaged during the interview process.