Position: Service Manager
Reports to: Area Manager
Hours: 40 hours
Condition: Fixed term contract ended March 2023
This exciting contract requires a robust management system to ensure all internal and external KPIs are met to hit contractual and payment by results finances to be successful, as well as a track record in creating effective partnerships and implementing a marketing plan across community partners. It will also require the coaching and mentoring of the existing team to think ‘outside the box’ as it seeks to build on the commissioned service to include a B2C model to create a sustainable model.
The Walsall Lifestyle Service is commissioned by Walsall Council to deliver a 16 week Lifestyle and Behaviour Change programme which consists of physical activity, nutrition and weight management elements
The successful applicant will be responsible for high quality delivery, as well as monitoring and reporting of financial and performance indicators in line with contractual and business requirements.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, experienced, self motivated individual with an interest and commitment to improving health and wellbeing in Walsall. The post holder (in conjunction with other service managers and General Managers) will also be expected to deputise for the Area Manager when required and to attend contractual meetings.
To be eligible to apply for the role you must:
- Demonstrate innovative approaches to contact delivery, staff motivation, management and training
- Have successful experience of creating and implementing communication strategies to disadvantaged communities
- Able to think outside the box and work with a range of partners outside of the normal ‘health bubble’
- Confidence to sub contract delivery and effectively project manage these arrangements
- Hold a degree/or equivalent in a relevant subject
- Have experience of delivering or managing Lifestyle Services
- Have experience of managing a team of staff
- Have experience of monitoring and reporting KPIs and financial spend
- Have exceptional relationship management skills and understand the importance of working with stakeholders and partners to deliver a service
They will be expected to have a thorough understanding of the lifestyle contract and other programmes offered within the Midlands, to be able to confidently communicate with a wide range of individuals and organisations, as well as having a passion for driving performance from both a quantitative and qualitative perspective .The post holder will also contribute to the evaluation and shaping the service for potential future development.
This post is subject to satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure.
Note this role requires flexibility to ensure we meet the needs of the service and may require evening / weekend work.
For more information please email or speak to Rob King - Rob.King@mytimeactive.co.uk
CVs and cover letters to be sent to Rob.King@mytimeactive.co.uk
Join us and you get to work for a great company and an ambitious, diverse and future focused HR team. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including:
- Free access to Mytime Leisure & Golf
- 22 days annual leave (excluding bank holidays)
- Holiday purchase scheme
- 20% off food and beverage and free hot drinks
- Stakeholder pension
- Exceptional achievement award scheme
- Employee discount & salary sacrifice scheme; and Childcare vouchers
*Please note we will give preferential consideration to internal employees that are to be re-deployed providing they meet the criteria.
Mytime applies its Equal Opportunities Policy at all stages of recruitment and selection. Shortlisting, interviewing and selection is carried out without regard to gender, sexual orientation, marital status, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief, age or trade union membership. Those with disabilities meeting the minimum requirements for the post will be shortlisted and reasonable adjustments will be made to ensure they are not disadvantaged during the interview process.