Position: Golf Operations Assistant
Reports to: Golf Operations Supervisor
Location: High Elms Golf Course
Job Type: Perm/Full Time/40hrs
Start date: ASAP
Closing date: 10/08/2018
Mytime Active is an award winning social enterprise, with aspirations to make sure everybody in the communities we service “Get more out of life”. We have an ambitious strategy underway to transform us from a local authority facilities management company to a leader in community wellbeing and require the best talent to achieve this. Mytime Active runs lifestyle preventative health services across the UK, whilst our leisure centres in the London Borough of Bromley offer swimming, gym facilities, ten pin bowling and much more. With 16 great courses located in London, the Midlands and the south coast, we are also the second largest pay and play golf operator in the UK.
For more information on Mytime Active please click on: www.mytimeactive.co.uk
About the role
Are you always striving for a high standard of quality and service? Do you have an interest in golf or looking to progress within a company offering extensive golf & leisure provision to the local community? If so we are looking for driven individuals to join our team.
An opportunity has arisen for a Golf Operations Assistant to join our passionate golf operations team with opportunities to grow and progress within the company. The role will see you based in our shop, reception, and driving range area. We are looking for people that can give great service, to match the quality of the facility.
Duties include the following:
- Carry out sales, cashier and booking duties.
- Promote retail products, lessons and society/group bookings to customers, providing relevant information to help achieve maximum sales.
- Promote an excellent standard of Customer Service operating in accordance with Mytime’s Code of Conduct and Customer Service Standards.
- Maintain good communication with colleagues across the site including Course Marshall’s, Green Keepers and Food & Beverage staff.
- Operate in accordance with Health and Safety regulations and standards.
- Undertake financial and administration duties in accordance with Mytime’s Quality Management Systems.
- Carry out cleaning duties as required, ensuring the site remains presentable to customers at all times.
- Carry out buggy checks in accordance with Mytime’s standards.
- Wear correct clean uniform with name badge and ensure punctual arrival at the agreed start time.
- Attend training sessions and staff meetings as required.
- To open and close the site as required
- To collect and enter data capture on all green fees
- To actively assist in sales of memberships
- To carry out all duties with regard to Health & Safety requirements and regulations according to the Health & Safety Policy
- Great organisational skills and personal skills with the ability to give great customer service and a proactive approach to your daily work duties.
- Knowledge of the game of golf is not essential, but preferable.
In return, you get to work for a great company with like minded people with a competitive salary and benefits package including:
- Free access to Mytime Active Leisure and Golf for you and one other;
- Competitive annual leave package;
- Holiday purchase scheme;
- 20% off food and beverage at Mytime Active sites and free hot drinks (whilst on duty);
- Stakeholder pension;
- Exceptional achievement award scheme;
- Employee discount and salary sacrifice scheme; and Childcare vouchers.
How to apply
Please apply with a CV and covering letter, stating why your skills and experience make you ideal for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org
*All offers of employment are conditional upon you signing the contract of employment and the following being secured:
- Satisfactory health clearance;
- Two satisfactory references;
- Proof of attainment of qualifications;
- Evidence of your right to work in the United Kingdom; and
- If applicable, satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Diversity at Mytime Active
*Mytime Active applies its Equal Opportunities Policy at all stages of recruitment and selection. Shortlisting, interviewing and selection is carried out without regard to gender, sexual orientation, marital status, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief, age or trade union membership. Those with disabilities meeting the minimum requirements for the post will be shortlisted and reasonable adjustments will be made to ensure they are not disadvantaged during the interview process.