Position: Golf Retail Assistant – Southampton Golf
Reports to: Golf Operations Manager
Location: Southampton Golf Course
Salary: £7.83 per hour
Start date: ASAP
Mytime Active is an award winning social enterprise, with aspirations to make sure everybody in the communities we service “Get more out of life”. We have an ambitious strategy underway to transform us from a local authority facilities management company to a leader in community wellbeing and require the best talent to achieve this. Mytime Active runs lifestyle preventative health services across the UK, whilst our leisure centres in the London Borough of Bromley offer swimming, gym facilities, ten pin bowling and much more. With 16 great courses located in London, the Midlands and the south coast, we are also the second largest pay and play golf operator in the UK. For more information on Mytime Active please click on: www.mytimeactive.co.uk
About the role
Are you always striving for a high standard of quality and service? Do you have an interest in golf or looking to progress within a company offering extensive golf & leisure provisions to the local community? If so we are looking for driven individuals to join our team.
An opportunity has arisen for a Golf Retail Assistant to join our passionate golf operations team with opportunities to grow and progress within the company. The role will see you based in our shop, reception, and driving range area. We are looking for people that can give great service, to match the quality of the facility.
Duties include the following
- Carrying out membership sales, cashier and booking duties
- Answering incoming phone calls and dealing with customer complaints
- Maintain positive customer relations with stakeholders at all times
- Meeting sales targets and customer needs
- Carrying out stock control
- Operate in accordance with Health and Safety regulations and standards
- Carry out repairs when required and ensuring the site remains presentable to customers at all times
- Carry out buggy checks in accordance with Mytime’s standards
- Wear correct clean uniform with name badge and ensure punctual arrival at the agreed start time
- Attend training sessions and staff meetings as required
- To open and close the site as required
- General up keep of the driving range, basket collections and general house keeping of the driving range
- Driving range - ball collections, including the operation and minor maintenance of range machinery
- Great organisational skills and personal skills with the ability to give great customer service and a proactive approach to your daily work duties.
- Knowledge of the game of golf is not essential, but preferable
In return, you get to work for a great company with like minded people with a competitive salary and benefits package including:
- Free access to Mytime Active Leisure and Golf for you and one other;
- Competitive annual leave package;
- Holiday purchase scheme;
- 20% off food and beverage at Mytime Active sites and free hot drinks (whilst on duty);
- Stakeholder pension;
- Exceptional achievement award scheme;
- Employee discount and salary sacrifice scheme; and Childcare vouchers.
How to apply
Please apply with a CV and covering letter, stating why your skills and experience make you ideal for this position to email@example.com
*All offers of employment are conditional upon you signing the contract of employment and the following being secured:
- Satisfactory health clearance;
- Two satisfactory references;
- Proof of attainment of qualifications;
- Evidence of your right to work in the United Kingdom; and
- If applicable, satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Mytime Active reserve the right to remove the advert for this role as required.
*Please note we will give preferential consideration to internal employees that are to be re-deployed providing they meet the criteria.
Diversity at Mytime Active
*Mytime Active applies its Equal Opportunities Policy at all stages of recruitment and selection. Shortlisting, interviewing and selection is carried out without regard to gender, sexual orientation, marital status, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief, age or trade union membership. Those with disabilities meeting the minimum requirements for the post will be shortlisted and reasonable adjustments will be made to ensure they are not disadvantaged during the interview process.
DUE TO A HIGH VOLUME OF APPLICATIONS IF YOU HAVE NOT HEARD BACK FROM US BY 8th APRIL 2018, PLEASE ASSUME YOU HAVE NOT BEEN SUCCESSFUL IN YOUR APPLICATION.