|Register your details to sign up for 10% off selected pay and play activities. Sign up online now, and use your discount straight away.|
The Spa's and West Wickham's pools are open! Our pools at The Walnuts open on 5th October.
We know you are keen to get swimming again and we can't wait to welcome you back! We hope to be re-opening our other pools soon. We will keep all our customers updated by email, website and social media.
- All swimming sessions need to be booked online or via the app.
- Swimming Clubs based at The Spa anbd West Wickham have resumed. Swimming clubs based at The Walnuts will return from 12th October. Please check with your Swimming Club for more information.
- Swimming lessons at The Spa and West Wickham have returned. Lessons at The Walnuts return from 5th October. Keep an eye out for emails from our team.
- Wet-side changing rooms are available to swim, gym and group exercise class users at The Spa at Beckenham and West Wickham Leisure Centre and at The Walnuts from October 5th. - see our measures page for details
Everyone can benefit from swimming, no matter what your age or ability. As well as being a good form of cardio exercise, there are various health benefits associated with swimming. Enjoying a regular swim will help to reduce your risk of disease and stress levels and offers a safe way to exercise during pregnancy too. Combining a swim with a gym workout is the ultimate way to get fit and stay healthy.
Our Mytime Active swim team have listed five ways swimming can help to tone your body:
- Full body workout
Swimming is a good all-round workout for the whole body. As a low-impact cardio exercise, you won’t have to worry about adding pressure to weak, injured or arthritic joints. The water will support your body, so you can tone up with every stroke!
- Strengthen and tone arms
If you’re worried about wobbly arms, then swimming is a great way to tone up your triceps. Your arms and shoulders will be targeted with every type of swimming stroke.
- Stronger, shapely back
Swimming is considered one of the best exercises for strengthening muscles that support your spine. A good swim will help protect your posture and improve its shape too.
- Improved waistline and core strength
If you’re looking to reduce your waistline, then the twisting motion associated with front and back crawl will help to keep you trim and build your core strength too.
- Stronger, sculpted legs
If you want to improve the strength and shape of your legs, swimming exercises your quads, hamstrings, calves and ankles.
As well as the physical benefits of swimming, spending time in the water will help you relax after a long day and give you a bit of headspace. Why not choose to swim with a friend and combine with a much needed catch up? And, at the weekends, why not enjoy some quality family time in the pool too?
Take a dip in one of our many pools – check our swimming pool locations below and find a session that suits you. Enjoy 10% off all activities when you sign up with us too.