Being physically active is not just about lifting heavy weights or running a marathon, it is about living an active lifestyle every day. At Mytime Active we believe that everyone has the right to a healthier active lifestyle, and playing golf is a great way to improve your health and meet new people at the same time.
What is Golf on Referral?
In partnership with UKActive and England Golf, we developed the Golf on Referral programme, aiming to introduce a new, fun alternative way to help our communities become more physically active outdoors, giving opportunities to learn a new skill and socialise with like-minded people.
Join our programme to experience 12 sessions, each including 45 minutes of golf and 30 minutes of support group learning sessions. Learn everything from how to improve your golf technique, how to advance your putting skills, all the way through to how to boost your confidence and reach your activity goals.
Our session topics include:
- How to reach your goals and goal setting
- How to make a change
- How to maximise your motivation
- How to make time for yourself
- How to increase your energy levels through physical activity
We provide all the equipment, and as we do not operate a strict uniform policy, you can turn up as you like! You’ll also receive vouchers for our driving ranges and putting greens so you can get in extra practise with your family and friends.
Would you like to join a Golf on Referral Programme?
Get started today – 5 easy steps to improved health and a more active you!
- Talk to your GP or practice nurse and ask them to fill out an Exercise Referral form indicating that you would like to attend the Golf on Referral programme
- Once in receipt of your referral from the Healthcare Professional, a member of the Exercise Referral Team will contact you to advise of the next course dates and book you on.
- At your first session you will meet one of our Golf Professionals. They will give you information about what to expect and the course booklets, take your Blood Pressure and other measurements and any further information about the programme.
- Begin your course and meet new people over the course of your 12 sessions.
- Following completion of the programme you will be given tips and opportunities to keep playing golf with your friends and family.
Why Join Our Golf on Referral Programme
Through trials of this programme, we have seen other participants improve their physical wellbeing by increasing their participation in activity by 59%. The programme has impacted those who have taken part by improving blood pressure, and decreasing their resting heart rate. The benefits have not stopped there, with improved mental wellbeing measures – feelings of life satisfaction and happiness, have increased too!
Our previous participants have enjoyed being able to learn new golf skills alongside others who had gone through the same life experiences as them, and described their group as:
"a little golf community, with them, going on the course and playing that first hole like we did, you don’t feel uncomfortable"
"I talked about having anxiety, so coming here and talking about it has been brilliant because you need somebody to respond to"
Want more information?
Contact us today on 020 8290 4000 or email email@example.com.
Award Winning Programme
We are honoured to have won England Golf’s Innovation Award in 2019 for our Golf on Referral programme.