The course is closing in late December 2019, for a 3 year re-development programme
Partnered with Birmingham City Council, Mytime Active have committed to delivering a large-scale investment to Hilltop Golf Course. We have submitted planning permission to invest £1.2 million into the golf course, enabling us to offer a broader range of products and services and engage more people within the community.
The investment at the course will include a refurbished clubhouse, a new 9-hole golf course, driving range and an 18-hole footgolf course. The works will see the current course and clubhouse close as of 1st December 2019.
The introduction of a driving range to the site will provide a fun, affordable and social way for local people to practice and improve their swing, while the new 9-hole course will be suitable for everyone from golf-pros to beginners alike. We will also launch Footgolf - a combination of football and golf. A fun and social sport, it’s great for friends and families, adults and kids alike, or for corporate days out.
Chris Deadman, Midlands Regional Manager of Mytime Active says: “Our vision for Hilltop focuses on the long-term sustainability of the site, going beyond traditional 18-hole golf to serve as a welcoming community space to improve wellbeing in our neighbourhood for generations to come. With the support of the council we are now in a position to develop the facilities and services we offer and we are excited to get started.”
An overview of our plans include:
- Introducing a nine-hole par 3 course which would provide an ideal facility for those new to the sport to learn the game
- A 22-bay floodlit driving range which would also include the latest teaching aids such as computer and video analysis
- A development of our FootGolf offering
- Reprofiling the existing 18 hole course to make it more interesting, exciting, easier to walk and better for drainage.
- A new putting course and relocation of the car park
- Implementing a more family friendly learning & teaching academy
- Making the site overall more enjoyable to the public
Our Midlands Locations
For any queries relating to the Hilltop Golf Course development, contact Chris Deadman at Chris.Deadman@mytimeactive.co.uk