|Check out our articles covering all aspects of wellbeing - being active, eating well, being positive and being together with friends and family.|
ESCAPE-pain is a group-based programme, designed to help you manage osteoarthritis of the hip and/or knee.
Our exercise professionals take you through a 20 minute guided group discussion on self-management and coping strategies, and 40 minutes of exercise individually tailored to help your progress.
The course consists of 12 sessions, run twice a week for six weeks. Each session costs £5.10.
We now run sessions in the new Mind and Body Studio at the Spa at Beckenham, giving you access to state of the art equipment and our specialised, holistic workout space.
Courses start every 6 weeks, with sessions on Wednesdays from 10am to 11.30am and Fridays from 2pm to 3.30pm. Enquire below to find out when the next course begins.
- Reduces pain
- Improves physical function
- Improves mental wellbeing, self-confidence and self-esteem
- Reduces healthcare and utilisation costs
Is it for me?
If this is you, or someone you know, then ESCAPE-pain could help:
- Aged 45 or older
- Chronic joint pain for at least 6 months
- Needing a supervised exercise programme
- Independently mobile and able to carry out regular exercise
- Available to attend 2 classes per week for 6 weeks
For more information call us on 020 8290 4000 or email our Exercise Referral team on firstname.lastname@example.org