Most referrals are from GPs, school nurses and teachers, but parents or carers can also refer their own child. There are three ways you can refer a family to MEND:
If you'd like to find out more about Mytime Active's MEND programmes before referring, we can put you in touch with your local programme manager or regional staff. Just call us.
- For Tower Hamlets: 020 8323 1725
- For Westminster & Kensington: 020 3795 9346
For all other areas, or, if you’re interested in commissioning MEND: 0800 2300 263
Or simply email firstname.lastname@example.org
What must happen before a child is referred to MEND?
Before making a referral, you must talk to the child's parent or main carer to:
- Discuss the MEND programme you want to refer them to
- Make sure they agree to their child being referred to MEND
- Tell them that MEND will contact them by phone to talk through the next steps
If a referral is made by a professional other than a GP, we will write to the child's GP to tell them the child has been referred to us.