Healthy Lifestyle Specialist (HLS) : Universal and Targeted
Position: Healthy Lifestyle Specialist
Reports to: Senior Healthy Lifestyle Specialist
Salary: £21k (Pro rata) Full Time (6 Month FTC)
CLOSING DATE: 13/4/22 Interviews to be held 28/4/22
Mytime Active provides a range of healthy lifestyle services across the country. We are seeking a suitable person to work with the Walsall Team as well as a range of health care professionals and partner organisations.
The successful applicant will be responsible for supporting the central access point, engagement with individuals and organisations to generate new referrals, the delivery of a 12 week behaviour change programme and possibly the delivery of workshops to small groups of participants on a range of lifestyle topics and delivery of physical activity programmes
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Engagement with individuals and organisations to generate new referrals
- Performing initial assessments of service users.
- Supporting a 12 week behaviour change programme.
- Delivery of workshops to small groups of participants on a range of lifestyle topics.
- Possible delivery of physical activity programmes.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, experienced, self-motivated individual, with an interest and commitment to lifestyle behaviour change in Walsall.
- Hold a relevant qualification or equivalent experience (e.g. Health trainer, sport science or nutrition)
- Confident speaker in a personal and public environment
- Ability to organise and monitor various case loads
- Driving license and/or ability to travel
- Enhanced DBS clearance
- Experience of delivering lifestyle services
- Have experience of delivering one to one health assessments and NHS health checks
- Knowledge of Walsall health services
- Physical activity qualification
You will be expected to have a thorough understanding of behaviour change. To be able to confidently communicate with a wide range of individuals and organisations, as well as having a passion for the promotion and delivery of high quality services.
This post is subject to satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure.
Note this role requires flexibility to ensure we meet the needs of the service and will require some evening / weekend work.
Join us and you get to work for a great company and an ambitious, diverse and future focused team. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including:
- Free access to Mytime Active Leisure & Golf;
- 22 days annual leave (excluding bank holidays);
- Holiday purchase scheme;
- 20% off food and beverage and free hot drinks;
- Stakeholder pension;
- Exceptional achievement award scheme;
- Employee discount & salary sacrifice scheme; and Childcare vouchers.
To apply please forward your CV and covering letter to Amy.Brittain@mytimeactive.co.uk
Mytime applies its Equal Opportunities Policy at all stages of recruitment and selection. Shortlisting, interviewing and selection is carried out without regard to gender, sexual orientation, marital status, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief, age or trade union membership. Those with disabilities meeting the minimum requirements for the post will be shortlisted and reasonable adjustments will be made to ensure they are not disadvantaged during the interview process