Nervous about trying something new?
This Girl Can Classes are taking place at Mytime Active centres, where getting it wrong is totally alright. If you've got two left feet or never done a push up in your life, then these classes are for you.
This Girl Can Classes will give you the confidence to try new moves, understand different fitness class options, and even make new friends.
This project is funded by Sport England and the National Lottery.
What classes involve
This Girl Can Classes start with a warm welcome from our friendly, qualified instructor. They will explain what the class will entail that week before starting a gentle warm up to prepare your body for exercise.
You will then be guided through two 10-minute blocks of exercise with an interval in the middle. The main blocks of activity will be different each week, giving you a taster of different styles allowing you to try new things in a supportive environment.
The instructor will then guide you through a cool down, before a short period of mindfulness to reflect on the class before your instructor answers any questions you have.
Things to remember
- Classes are for those looking to get into exercise for the first time, or after a break.
- Classes will support to build confidence and fitness levels, whilst having fun!
- Everyone will be a bit nervous, but everyone is in it together!
- If you go the wrong way, miss a beat; it doesn’t matter, getting it wrong is half the fun!
- You can go at your own pace and have a break at any point.
What you should wear
- Comfortable leggings or workout trousers / shorts (no jeans)
- A t-shirt or top suitable for moving around
You should bring
- A bottle of water
- A yoga/stretching mat
When are the classes?
Your This Girl Can Classes take place at:
- West Wickham Leisure Centre - Tuesday 09:30-10:15
- Pavilion Leisure Centre – Wednesday 10:30-11:15
- The Spa at Beckenham - Thursday 10:15-11:00
How to book
Classes can be found on our Timetables and are available to both members and non-members.