MEND is a supportive environment where people won't judge you. You'll meet lots of new people, make new friends, and have loads of fun. You'll learn lots about healthy lifestyles too, including ideas about ways to get more active and eat healthier foods.
- Eat breakfast every day. Have a piece of fruit, a low fat yoghurt, wholegrain cereal or wholemeal or granary toast.
- Drink six to eight cups of water every day.
- Cut down on soft drinks. Have a maximum of one glass (200ml) of fruit juice a day and limit the sugary fizzy drinks you have.
- Swap 'white' starchy foods (like white bread, white pasta and white rice) for wholemeal or wholegrain varieties.
- Eat at least five fruit and vegetable servings every day.
- Have no more than five treats per week. One treat could be a small bag of crisps, two small biscuits, a small slice of cake, a small chocolate bar or a small or treat size bag of sweets.
- Limit your screen time - spend no more than two hours a day watching TV, on the computer or playing computer games.
- Do at least two exercise sessions per week to get your heart beating faster.
- Organise at least one activity a week to get the whole family moving. Children should play outdoors as often as possible.
- Walk or cycle as much as you can. Do you really need to go to and from school or work in the car?